Many people seem to have a love-hate relationship with Valentine’s day depending on their current relationship status. For those of you who love Valentine’s day and are looking for some sweet treats to give to your lover, then you’ve come to the right place.
This year, as opposed to going out and buying a box of chocolates or candy for my Valentine, I decided that I want to be a little bit more creative and make some home made treats so that both of us can enjoy. Since chocolate covered strawberries are my favorite dessert, I decided that I was going to attempt to make some for my Valentine. My mom always makes them at home and they always come out amazing, so I asked her for advice on how to make them.
Obviously, I’m not expecting the same results as her because she’s much more talented than I am when it comes to baking, but I’m hoping that if I follow all of her instructions, the results will be some what close to hers.
Here are the steps to making the perfect chocolate covered strawberries for your Valentine!
1. Purchase a package of strawberries. (duh….)
2. Purchase the chocolate mix, I personally recommend the brand “Dolci frutta.”
3. Follow the instructions on the back of the box on how to microwave the chocolate properly. It’s very important that you don’t overheat the chocolate for the best results!
4. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, and carefully place them on wax paper so that the chocolate can harden.
5. After the chocolate hardens, you’re done!